Associate Professor/Research Professor
Computer Science Department
Center for Energy-efficient Computing and Applications (CECA)
Room 518, Science Building No.5, Yiheyuan Rd No.5, Beijing, 100871
I am an Associate Professor (with tenure) in the Department of Computer Science and Technology at Peking University and a member of Center for Energy-efficient Computing and Applications (CECA). My research interests include computer architecture, compiler, electronics design automation, embedded system design, and high-performance computing. My recent publications investigate new algorithms, programming models, compiler optimization and tool-chain, design tools and methodologies, and hardware for high-performance and energy-efficient computer systems. I have authored over ninety scientific publications in the leading international journals and conferences. My research has been recognized with two Best Paper Awards (FCCM 2011 and ICCAD 2017), six Best Paper Award Nominations (PPoPP 2019, DAC 2017, ASPDAC 2016, DAC 2012, FPT 2011, CODES+ISSS 2008), the Beijing Natural Science Fund for Distinguished Young Scholars (2019), and Beijing Academy of Artificial Intelligence (BAAI) Young Scientist Award. I received the Excellence Teaching Award from Peking University in 2017. My research has been funded by NSFC, BNSF, SenseTime, Alibaba, etc. I am currently the Director of PKU-SenseTime Joint Lab of Intelligent Computing.
I currently serve as Associate Editor of the ACM Transactions on Embedded Computing Systems (TECS) and Associate Editor of IEEE Embedded Systems Letters. I was the program chair of 30th Annual IEEE International Conference on Application-specific Systems, Architecture and Processors (ASAP) 2019 and the subcommittee chair of Asia South Pacific Design Automation Conference (ASPDAC) 2014. I also serve in the program committees in the premier conferences including DAC, ICCAD, DATE, ASPDAC, FPGA, FCCM, HPCA, MICRO, ASPLOS, ISCA, PPoPP, PACT, CGO, ICS, CC, CASES, LCTES, ASAP, and ICCD. Prior to joining Peking University, I received my Ph.D in Computer Science from National University of Singapore in 2010. Upon graduation, I worked as a Research Scientist in UIUC.
To Perspective Postdocs, Students, and Interns
I am looking for highly motivated graduate students, postdocs, and interns to work on system research including algorithms, programming language, compiler, embedded systems, and electronic design automation. Students with strong hands-on system building skills and algorithm background are especially welcomed.
- 2020 June. Shuo has successfully defended his PhD thesis. Congratulations to Dr Wang!
- 2020 May. Our paper on “Automatic Systolic Array Generation using Reusable Blocks” is accepted by IEEE MICRO Special Issue on Agile and Open-Source Hardware, July/August 2020.
- 2020 March. Invited to serve on the program committee for the 53rd ACM/IEEE Int’l Symp. on Microarchitecture (MICRO’20).
- 2020 Feb. Our paper on “FCNNLib: An Efficient and Flexible Convolution Algorithm Library on FPGAs” is accepted by ACM/IEEE Design Automation Conference (DAC) 2020! Congratulations to Qingcheng.
- 2020 Jan. Our paper on “Enabling Efficient Fast Convolution Algorithms on GPUs via MegaKernels” is accepted by IEEE Transactions on Computers (TC), 2020!. Congratulations to Liancheng.
- 2020 Jan. Our paper on “FlexTensor: An Automatic Schedule Exploration and Optimization Framework for Tensor Computation on Heterogeneous System” is accepted by International Conference on Architectural Support for Programming Languages and Operating Systems (ASPLOS) 2020! Congratulations to Size.
- 2020 Jan. Xuechao joined Alibaba Damo Academy. Congratulations.
- 2020 Jan. Xuechao has successfully defended his PhD thesis. Congratulations to Dr. Wei!
Selected Recent Publications (Full List)
- FCNNLib: An Efficient and Flexible Convolution Algorithm Library on FPGAs (DAC) 2020.
- FlexTensor: An Automatic Schedule Exploration and Optimization Framework for Tensor Computation on Heterogeneous System (ASPLOS) 2020.
- Overcoming Data Transfer Bottlenecks in DNN Accelerators via Layer-Conscious Memory Management (DAC) 2019.
- Poly: Efficient Heterogeneous System and Application Management for Interactive Applications (HPCA) 2019.
- A Coordinated Tiling and Batching Framework for Efficient GEMM on GPUs (PPoPP) 2019. Best Paper Award Nomination.
- C-LSTM: Enabling Efficient LSTM using Structured Compression Techniques on FPGAs (FPGA) 2018.
Awards and Honors
- Beijing Natural Science Fund for Distinguished Young Scholars 2019
- Beijing Academy of Artificial Intelligence (BAAI) Young Scientist Award 2019
- Huang Tingfang/Xinhe Young Scholars Award in 2017
- Peking University Excellence Teaching Award in 2016
- Best Paper Award Nomination, ACM SIGPLAN Annual Symposium on Principles and Practice of Parallel Programming (PPoPP), 2019. (4 nominations out of 152 submissions).
- Best Paper Award International Conference on Computer Aided Design (ICCAD), November, 2017. (2 out of 350 submissions).
- Best Paper Award Nomination, Design Automation Conference (DAC), June 2017.
- (14 nominations out of 676 submissions).
- Best Paper Award Nomination, Asia and South Pacific Design Automation Conference (ASP-DAC), January, 2016. (11 nominations out of 350 submissions).
- Best Paper Award Nomination, Design Automation Conference (DAC), June 2012.
- (7 nominations out of 741 submissions).
- Best Paper Award Nomination, International Conference on Field Programmable Technology (FPT), December 2011.
- Best Paper Award IEEE International Symposium on Field-Programmable Custom Computing Machines 2011 (FCCM), May 2011. (1 out of 119 submissions)
- Best Paper Award Nomination, ACM International Conference on Hardware/Software Codesign and System Synthesis (CODES+ISSS), October 2008.
- Compiler Techniques (Spring’16,’17,’18,‘19,’20)
- C++ Programming and Problem Solving (Spring’13, ’14, ’15, ’16, ’17, ’18, ’19, ’20)